Saturday, December 5, 2015

Gift Ideas for Teachers this holiday season...

 

I snapped this photo of a very special angel ornament of mine because it is what I think best represents the teachers I've known and worked with, as well as the ones I've gotten to know at my son's school the past two years.  Having taught myself for 5 years, I've had the chance to be in their shoes, and it is quite a job to do! After all, they have our children for 7 hours of the day, 5 days a week for 10 months out of the year.
 
So from this experience I can tell you that when Christmas came around each year it was very exciting and special to receive a gift from one of my students. Some gifts I still have -like a waffle knit robe with my intials on it- others were tangible, like a Starbucks gift card, (which were immediately used because I am the person who considers coffee a food group of its own), or a gift certificate for a manicure.
 
It was never expected... to receive gifts during the holidays, teachers are teachers because they truly love to teach, but it was greatly appreciated to know that my students and their families cared enough to take the time to think of me.
 
With all that said, let's get on with the fun stuff! What do they love? What are their favorites? With help from several teacher friends I'm excited to share these gift ideas with you and hope it helps you cross off one more thing on that to-do list this holiday season!
 
- manicure and pedicure gift certificates
 
-gift cards to their favorite restaurant or store
 
-tote bags ( can never have enough totes to haul all those lesson plans & papers back & forth!)
 Check out the Scout brand totes here
 
-warm fuzzy blanket or throw with hot cocoa mix
 For locals stop by All About Her on Gunter Ave. for super cute Vera Bradley fuzzy throws!!
 
-gift certificates to spa, or for massage
 
-personalized stationary or note cards
 Check out Expressionery for super cute personalized notepads and cards
 Swoozies is also a GREAT shop for gift ideas (located at The Summit in Birmingham or online here.
 
-special ornament (you could put your child's name /year on it to personalize for them)
 
 And if you're on a budget, or have several teachers to give to, a homemade card with a candy cane or chocolate bar is a super sweet gift!
 
One last note, in my talks with friends it came up that sometimes parents don't think about the older grade teachers in middle or high school....they are teachers too who take care of our kids everyday just like the elementary ones!! They love to be acknowledged as well :)
 
Hope this helps! I would love to hear any other suggestions that you've done in the past for  teachers!
 
Happy gifting!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment