Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Valentine's Day Inspiration...

Valentine's Day is 5 days away and those of you who know me well know I am a SUCKER for all things holiday! It takes some serious "restraint" for me to not want to throw every seasonal/holiday item I see in Target's little dollar section in the front of their store right into my shopping cart! As I mentioned during Christmas, I know I get these holiday "fuzzies" from my own childhood memories. I remember my mom would always have some little surprise waiting for my brothers and I when we came home from school....it would usually be something chocolate and some years we'd have a small toy sitting right next to our Valentine chocolate :) Now THAT was exciting.
My personal opinion now that I am a mother to a 6 year old son is that this isn't supposed to be Christmas! This is a sweet day to recognize and think about the people you love. Maybe baking cookies for your neighbor, or having your children draw and decorate their own Valentine's for family members or teachers.

Today's post shares a set of 3 heart shaped sticky notepads from one of my favorite lines- Sugarboo Designs. For those of you who aren't familiar with Sugarboo you simply MUST explore their website here.  A mom from Roswell, GA  named Rebecca Puig, is the creator of all the whimsical art you'll see. They offer everything from art prints in 12 X 12 sizes all they way to huge poster-sizes, paper products such as the notepads I'm sharing today, blankets, ceramics, and even sweet melamine plates for your kids to eat from!
For everyone local, they just opened a huge brick & mortar store at the Summit shopping center in Birmingham!!! When I walked through the doors there for the first time I wanted one of every single thing they had. Definitely check it out next time your in Birmingham :)



I've written a few notes to my son on the smallest heart and put them in his lunchbox over the past few weeks- just to give him a little surprise when he was having lunch- and I love how the medium and large pads are lined...very helpful for to- do & grocery lists. The notepad set is $18.


Hope this gets you thinking about your own Valentine's this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment